"She fell, Grendel's fierce mother, and the Geat's proud prince was ready to leap on her. But she rose at once and repaid him with her clutching claws, wildly tearing at him."

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anglo-Saxon Boast

I am Alex’ Julia Soniat

Descendent of Alexander the Great, defender of mankind

I was made by the hands of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Brought into the world by William and Richelle Soniat

I am no ordinary human being, for I do not fear sleep of the sword or the weather of weapons

I feel inferior to no one, and no walk of life can diminish my thoughts and actions

I am standing still, superior to demons and demonic thoughts

At the end of my life, others will reminisce of my great deeds

Just as my forefathers, I will prosper in God’s name

I have not seen all of what the world has to offer, but I know my purpose in this lifetime

Just as Alexander the Great, I am the defender of mankind

I will preserve for the safety of others

Just as God has ordained me for greatness,

I will follow in his plan for me

Just as foes try to control me,

I will conquer their hatefulness with joy

Just as the bull keeps ramming at my waist,

I will charge even harder at his dimwittedness

For when you pass me, do not take my kindness for weakness

When you look upon me, do not judge me for my physical appearance

I am beautiful, inside and out

Sugary and sweet, just as the bee’s buzz in the honeycomb

And when the whale's way is rough , rapid, and rugged,

The road is long,

And your burdens are too heavy to bear,

I will be there…for I am the defender of mankind.

Kennings
Sleep of the sword- death
Whale's way- sea
Weather of weapons- war

No comments:

Post a Comment